Please use this form to apply for funding from the Office of the Vice Provost for Graduate Education for graduate student grants. Grants are given for the following purposes:
- Travel: Scholarly or creative activity preparation - requests that involve the graduate student traveling for data collection/research, creation of artistic work, or other travel related to executing/preparing research/creative activity. Note: due to COVID travel restrictions, only virtual activities related to scholarly/creative preparation are permitted at this time.
- Travel: Scholarly or creative activity dissemination - requests that involve the graduate student traveling to disseminate/share finished works to an audience, either through presentation, exhibition, or performance. Note: due to COVID travel restrictions, only virtual activities related to scholarly/creative dissemination are permitted at this time.
- Scholarly or creative activity financial support, non-travel - requests for monetary support for purchasing consumable supplies, study participant compensation, licensing fees related to necessary components of a research/creative project (royalties, per user fees, etc.), or other materials necessary to carry out the graduate student's research/creative activity.
- Travel: Conference, professional meeting or festival attendance only - requests that involve the graduate student traveling to attend a scholarly/creative event WITHOUT disseminating the graduate student's own research/creative activity. Note: due to COVID, this option is not available.
The maximum request is $1000; however, supplemental funding may be available for activities that exceed this amount. For this reason, you will be asked to estimate all expenses even if the total is in excess of $1000. Students may receive partial funding. Funds may be subject to tax as specified by state and federal law.
Review Timeline Considerations:
Applications are routed to reviewers twice per month, on the 1st and 15th, with their decisions requested within two weeks. Please keep this in mind if you are applying with little time before your start date/travel date. For example, if you submit your completed application on October 18, you should not expect a decision until mid-November.
This application requires the following information, which you will be entering into text boxes and uploading support materials as needed.
- Clear explanation of the purpose of your request. (limit 100 words)
- Compelling rationale for funding/project overview. (limit 1000 words)
- Estimated costs with proof of estimates - e.g., airline ticket/lodging charge estimates from websites; product costs from vendors, conference registration fee page.
- If applicable, information on funding applied for from other sources.
- If applying for a travel dissemination grant, a copy of your proposal acceptance notice from the venue (or other equivalent document) is required to be uploaded.